your skin is showing

Thursday, July 23, 2009

faker

SO did anyone know that spiders can play dead? Yesterday there was a spider playing dead in my kitchen on the floor. It was laying all crumpled and crooked and I almost stepped on it - and actually had thought that I DID because I thought the bastard was dead and was cringing at the thought of having unknowingly stepped on it (with my bare feet)
So I went to go get a tissue to grab it and flush it and then when I grabbed it, it of course started freaking out, ran frantically away, I pursued it, killed it flushed it. the end.
Why does this matter? It doesn't.
But I though it was funny.
ish
And I didnt't want to write about what is really bothering me of course

4 Comments:

  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger under construction said…

    scary!!
    i don't likely little creepy crawly things.

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Anonymous kelly said…

    Eh, now I'm all creeped out. Yesterday I went to get rid of a dead spider on the kitchen floor, and all I could think about -- as I slowly reached my wad of paper towel towards the little beast -- was your post & the amazing resurrecting spider. I was sure this spider was going to come alive any second and gnaw my arm off. Thankfully, it didn't and my arm is still good, but I'm definitely more skittish now that I have to be afraid of living AND dead spiders.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger vox said…

    Ben says not to trust a spider unless it is all shriveled up. I guess he's right. This one looked so mangled it just didn't look like it had much going for it. But I guess many of us sleep in awkward positions.

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger be said…

    I don't think you can ever trust a spider.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home